WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe the Bible! Of course, many churches say that and yet interpret the Bible differently. So we have adopted the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message as our official statement of faith. You may read the entire 2000 Baptist and Faith and Message by clicking HERE.
Because the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message is quite long and detailed (about 8 pages), we’ve provided a very brief summary in our own words of some of the main points.
Summary of our beliefs:
- We believe the Bible is inspired by God. It is entirely true and trustworthy. We should believe it and obey it.
- We believe that there is one true God, who created all things. We believe that God exists as a “Trinity” – three persons who are one God. The three persons are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God. We believe He became a man, born of a virgin. We believe He lived a sinless life and died for our sins. We also believe He rose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and one day He will return. Jesus is both fully God and fully man.
- We believe that when we are saved by faith in Jesus, the Holy Spirit comes to live in us. We believe that the Holy Spirit guides us and helps us as we grow in Christ. We also believe that the Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to believers. These gifts should be used to build up the Church.
- We believe that all people are created in the image of God. However, we also believe that all have sinned. Because of our sin we deserve God’s judgment and wrath. Yet, God still loves us and has made a way for us to be saved.
- We believe that a person is saved when they trust Jesus as their Lord and Savior. We are saved by God’s amazing grace, and not because of our own works. Jesus died on the cross so that all our sins can be forgiven and we can receive God’s gift of eternal life.
- We believe that once a person believes the Good News about Jesus, they should be baptized by immersion.
- We believe that after a person is saved they should seek to become more and more like Jesus. This happens through prayer, God’s Word, and fellowship with God’s people.
- We believe God wants us to worship and serve Him together with other believers in the Church.
- We believe that the present age we live in will end one day and that Jesus will come back. There will be a resurrection of all people. Those who have been saved will live forever with God in the New Heavens and New Earth. Those who have not been saved will go away into eternal punishment.
- We believe that all believers should seek to use their gifts and resources to obey the Great Commission. We also believe that we should seek to obey the Great Commandments, namely, to love God with all our heart, mind, and soul; and to love others as we love ourselves.